Celebrate National Park Week #FindYourPark
The Outdoors Are Calling
National Park Week is coming up – April 20th through April 28th – and the National Park Service and National Park Foundation (official nonprofit partner of the National Park Service) are here to help you #FindYourPark. When the day to day stresses of life are testing people’s patience, the parks can provide a physical and mental health break no matter where you are in the U.S.
April 20th, the first day of National Park Week is an entrance fee-free day. National Park Week has been going strong since 1991, and is always finding new ways to celebrate. You can find out how the National Park Foundation is celebrating this year here, including:
- April 18th – 1:00 pm Twitter chat with the hashtags #FindYourPark and #EncuentraTuParque
- April 20th – Entrance Fee-Free Day and National Junior Ranger Day
- April 21st – Military & Veterans Recognition Day
- April 22nd – Earth Day
- April 23rd – Transportation Tuesday
- April 24th – Wild Wednesday
- April 25th – Throwback Thursday
- April 26th – Friendship Friday
- April 27th – Bark Ranger Day
- April 28th – Park Rx Day
If you’re looking for some inspiration to get you ready for National Park Week, check out the NPF Travel Ideas page where you can download guides to help plan your next trip, including Recharge in the Parks.