Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
National Park Free Days 2021
- Monday, January 18: Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Saturday, April 17: First day of National Park Week
- Wednesday, August 4: One year anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- Wednesday, August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- Saturday, September 25: National Public Lands Day
- Thursday, November 11: Veterans Day
There are more than 400 parks available to everyone, every day. The fee free days provide a great opportunity to visit a new park or an old favorite, especially one of the national parks that normally charge an entrance fee. The entrance fee waiver for fee free days does not cover amenity or user fees for activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours.
National Park Passes
If you are a frequent National Park visitor there is an annual $80 America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass that allows unlimited entrance to more than 2,000 federal recreation areas, including all national parks that normally charge an entrance fee. There are also free or discounted passes available for senior citizens, current members of the military, families of fourth-grade students, and disabled citizens. To learn more about the variety of passes offered by the National Park Service, visit nps.gov/planyourvisit/passes.htm