The North Face Endurance Challenge 2016
If running an endurance race is in the cards in 2016, The North Face Endurance Challenge 2016 offers a number of great options for ultra runners. This series offers something for everyone spanning ultra marathon distances from 50 miles down to a 1k kids race. There are a total of 6 locations with the following races available at each location over the span of a Saturday and Sunday.
TNF Endurance Challenge Race Distances
- 50 Miler
- Marathon – 26.2 miles
- Marathon Relay
- Half Marathon
- 1k Kids Race
The North Face Endurance Challenge 2016 Race Schedule
- April 9-10 – Algonkian Regional Park, Sterling, VA (Washington DC)
- April 30-May 1 – Bear Mountain State Park, Bear Mountain, NY
- July 16-17 – Blue Mountain Resort, Blue Mountain, Ontario, Canada
- September 17-18 – Kettle Moraine State Park, Eagle, WI
- September 24-25 – Park City Mountain Resort, Park City, UT
- December 5-6 – Marin Headlands, San Francisco, CA
As many of you know, the organization of a race and the race director can make or break a race. You can have the most amazing scenery, but if there isn’t good signage, good food, or the staff is grumpy, you’re race experience can go down the drain.
Having run the TNF Endurance Challenge at Kettle Moraine State Park a few years back, I can attest to the race being extremely well organized, the staff was extremely friendly, the signage was awesome, and the food was good. In my opinion, TNF puts their name on the line with this series and they make sure everything is dialed in.
Race Registration and More
To learn more about the specific races mentioned above and the The North Face Endurance Challenge 2016 as a whole including Race Registration, visit thenorthface.com/get-outdoors/endurance-challenge.html