Sneak Peek: Saucony Kinvara 3
Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We just received the much-anticipated Saucony Kinvara3 road shoe, and will get running right away. But while we’re testing, we thought we’d give you a preview of what’s new about the Kinvara3, and the elements of the shoe that Saucony hopes will yield another award-winner. The reduced weight and technical improvements strive to deliver a more natural rolling movement from heel to toe.
- Release Date: April 26, 2012
- MSRP: $100
- Weight: 7.7oz men’s / 6.7oz women’s
- Heel-Toe Differential (Drop): 4mm
Lighter, flexible, and more durable, the key technical differences between the Kinvara2 and the Kinvara3 are:
- improved the design of the EVA pods in forefoot
- added rubber to small areas of the forefoot and lateral midfoot
- removed rubber from medial heel area
- decoupled the heel (see two breaks in the black lateral heel area)
- beveled the heel
- added FlexFilm for lightweight stabilizing of the foot
- reduced thickness and weight of upper layers
- improved Hydramax lining
Stay tuned, we’ll let you know shortly how they perform in the field!