GSI Macro Table Review
Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Car camping is so much more fun when you aren’t squished next to your neighbors in a busy campground. When you leave the comforts of a campground, you lose some amenities, including your standard picnic table. Fortunately, GSI provides some pretty sweet table alternatives that won’t take up much room in the car or even your pack. For this review, I will be discussing the GSI Macro Table, which is designed for car camping. However, GSI makes a slightly smaller and even lighter version, the Micro Table, that you can easily pack into the backcountry.
GSI Macro Table Design and Features
The GSI Macro Table is made from lightweight, yet extremely durable aluminum. The aluminum is also flame and heat resistant, making it a safe choice as a cooking platform or near a camp fire.
The GSI Macro Table features the following dimensions:
- Packed into its’ nylon tote 24” x 2.375” x 4.75”
- Set up with total footprint of 24” x 18.375”
The GSI Macro Table has two height options, either 8.5″ or 14.75″. In the photo above, the table is set to 8.5″ and is ideal for use when sitting on the ground. With the legs set to 14.75″, the table is perfect to use with camp chairs for eating, food prep, or as a beverage stand. The table offers enough room for 4 people with their camp plates and beverages.
GSI Macro Table Set Up
1. Slip it out of its’ convenient nylon carry sack, which also features a handle for easy carrying
2. Unfold the table with legs facing upwards, or towards you.
3. Insert the support rods on each side. These are stored within the legs of the table on one side. This is the most time consuming part, at take a mere 45 seconds or so.
4. Unfold the legs of the table and adjust the height of the legs, either 8.5″ or 14.75″
5. Relax and enjoy your beverage or food.
The GSI Macro table is sturdy for chopping and food prep, while supporting up to 20 lbs. The legs of the table are easy to adjust up or down in a few seconds and makes the table even more versatile. I also like that there are few moving parts or assembly required, which means you won’t forget a piece of the table and render it useless. Lastly, weighing in at a little over 5 lbs, it is easy to make room for it in your next car camping or even boating adventure.
The GSI Macro Table retails for $49.99.