Artilect Intersect Doubleweave Jacket Review
Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Artilect Intersect Doubleweave Jacket Description
Artilect’s Intersect Doubleweave Jacket is a dependable weather resistant addition to your outdoor clothing options. The Jacket comes in several different color combinations that are aesthetically very appealing. The Jacket features GTT Empel permanent DWR treatment to repel water and make this an exceptional choice for inclement weather. I have found most waterproof clothing options make you feel like your body is suffocating this is not the case with this jacket. It feels light, even when it is wet and moves with your body easily.
- Made from 75-denier, 4-way-stretch, double-weave 100% recycled polyester fabric
- YKK Touchlink Zipper with LifeKey and Smartphone compatibility
- 2 YKK zip hand pockets with zip chest pocket
- Adjustable hem & climbing helmet-compatible hood
- Glove-compatible bonded Hypalon cuff adjusters
- Signature Artilect trims and details
Fit and Adjustability of the Artilect Intersect Doubleweave Jacket
The jacket is fitted, and the material stretches a bit and that makes it very comfortable while moving. I am 5’10 and 175lbs and typically wear a Medium in jackets. The Medium from Artilect is true to size and felt that it was perfect fit. That stretch is especially important while hiking because of how it feels while moving over terrain. The fit here was outstanding and most importantly kept water out completely. The jacket stayed in place while moving up and down steep hills.
One thing that is sometimes challenging is a very tight hood or one that is not adjustable. This hood fit over my head with, or without a hat. The hood was extremely adjustable and could close tightly around my hat which made it impossible for any water to get in. On a related note, I did need to take off the jacket to uncinch the hood. This was a little cumbersome on the move. A push button release would make this easier to adjust to changing weather conditions or if you wanted to wear with or without a hat or helmet.
There are three pockets that are deep and great for storage. They all use zippers to close with small bungee pulls on them. Once they are closed, they stay that way. Two pockets for your hands and one on your chest that is very easy to get to for essentials. They are large enough to fit gloves and hat or a place to stash some additional nutrition when on the trails. All three could fit a full-size smartphone with some room to spare.
The adjustable cuffs are very easy to get the right fit. I had them set relatively loose for nice weather but when the rain started, I could tighten them around my gloves to completely shut out any water. They use strong Velcro to keep them shut.
Performance Test on the Artilect Intersect Doubleweave Jacket :
- I went for a hike in 37-degree weather with light rain. This hike had both hills and beach areas off of Lake Michigan to navigate and get some variation of wind and temperature differences. I wore a short sleeve tech shirt on underneath the jacket. I was warm enough unless there was direct wind blowing at me. Overall, the jacket performed well. If the weather was colder, I would recommend a long sleeve base layer underneath to help block out the wind. In 40-to-50-degree weather a short sleeve shirt would be more than sufficient underneath. The jacket is very comfortable and because of the adjustments you can make around the waist, hood, and cuffs it is easy to get a good fit.
- I did run in the coat as well; weather was 43 degrees with a light wind. I ran for 6 miles covering a variety of terrain. It moved well with my body during the run. For colder days (under 30 degrees) I could see this as being an option. I did heat up quickly, so think of this as more of a winter running jacket vs a Spring or Fall option. For short runs this would be less of an issue. I didn’t need the hood but nice to know it was there if the wind really picked up.
Lifekey smartphone connected via app:
This is the first piece of clothing that I have worn that has been Lifekey enabled. The app was easy to set up. Lifekey’s core functionality is it allows first responders, family, and friends to access health information. It also allows you to be connected to other Lifekey members that have smart wearable devices.
Summary on the Artilect Intersect Doubleweave Jacket
The Artilect Intersect Doubleweave Jacket is a high-quality outerwear option ideally suited for hiking in adverse conditions. It is very durable and feels like it would last for years even with heavy use. It could also be used for an everyday jacket due to its overall comfort and wearability. I would recommend this jacket for the overall style and durability. Since it can be used for multi-purpose activities the value is there. I am looking forward to using this piece for my outdoor pursuits.
For more info on the Artilect Intersect Doubleweave Jacket, visit www.rei.com/artilect.