FORLOH Expedition Series Jacket and Parka – Sourced and Made in the USA
Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
FORLOH is a technical outdoor brand that launched in 2020, with gear and clothing that is 100% made in the USA. Based in Whitefish Montana, FORLOH uses a “no-concessions” approach to product development and design, so outdoor enthusiasts can forge deeper connections with the outdoors through their wide range of products. All products come with a lifetime warranty and are distributed through two physical locations, one in Whitefish, MT, and the other in Austin, TX, as well as their website.
FORLOH’s first release of this year is their Expedition Series Jacket and Parka. Which is a collection of fully seam-sealed 3L waterproof outerwear built for extreme cold and the most inhospitable corners of the earth.
The Expedition series was first conceived during a visit to Greenland where FORLOH supports weather stations conducting critical climate science. The extreme weather, including rapidly changing levels of precipitation and intense cold, led the FORLOH team on a mission to design the ultimate waterproof down apparel.
“Our goal was to meet the need for Greenland climate science missions, and we’ve gone above and beyond with the Expedition: it’s the lightest, most durable waterproof down outerwear on the market,” said FORLOH founder and CEO, Andy Techmanski. “True to the FORLOH philosophy of no concessions, the Expedition features a world-first in the 800+ fill power USA pure white down. This didn’t exist, so we challenged the Downlite Outdoor team and they delivered, creating a new process to make it happen. The Expedition is extreme enough for Everest but comfortable enough for a winter storm in Chicago.”
The Expedition Series is designed and built to maximize warmth, comfort, and temperature regulation. The lining is an engineered pattern, with each baffle strategically weighted based on location and corresponding temperature needs of the human body. This collection also features the first-of-its-kind responsibly harvested 800+ fill 90/10 power USA down, a major breakthrough in down technology developed in partnership between FORLOH and Downlite Outdoor. These 3-layer shells are crafted for maximize durability, fully seam-sealed, waterproof, breathable and lightweight.
FORLOH Expedition Series Features
- Fully Seam Sealed Waterproof and Breathable 3-Layer Patriot Outer Shell
- Engineered 800+ fill power USA white duck down 90/10 baffle-lined interior
- ‘Through-and-through’ ventilation zipper design for active cooling
- RECCO® Search & Rescue Technology
- Zippered (removable) interior powder skirt to keep the sluff away in deep snow conditions
- Micro-fit hood adjustment expandable for climbing/ski helmets or snug for beanies
- Interior beanie/goggle pocket
- Roomy exterior hand (2) and interior chest pockets (2)
- Multiple reflective logo hits for headlamp-visible safety in low/no light situations
FORLOH Expedition Series 800+ 90/10 Down Insulation
- Sourced from USA farms in Indiana and in Pennsylvania
- American 99.99% Pure White down, exclusive to Downlite
- Completely traceable supply chain
- Supports USA farming and American jobs
The Expedition Series is 100% made and sourced in the USA and comes with a lifetime warranty and satisfaction guarantee. The new Expedition jacket and parka are available at www.forloh.com and in FORLOH’s Whitefish, Mont. and Austin, Tex. retail locations. Colorways include Fiery Red/Magnet interior; Snowfall/Snowfall interior; Magnet/Snowfall interior; Black/Black interior.
To learn more about the Expedition Series and other 100% made in the USA FORLOH products, visit www.forloh.com.