Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
FORLOH’s first release of this year is their Expedition Series Jacket and Parka. Which is a collection of fully seam-sealed 3L waterproof outerwear built for extreme cold and the most inhospitable corners of the earth.
The Expedition series was first conceived during a visit to Greenland where FORLOH supports weather stations conducting critical climate science. The extreme weather, including rapidly changing levels of precipitation and intense cold, led the FORLOH team on a mission to design the ultimate waterproof down apparel.
“Our goal was to meet the need for Greenland climate science missions, and we’ve gone above and beyond with the Expedition: it’s the lightest, most durable waterproof down outerwear on the market,” said FORLOH founder and CEO, Andy Techmanski. “True to the FORLOH philosophy of no concessions, the Expedition features a world-first in the 800+ fill power USA pure white down. This didn’t exist, so we challenged the Downlite Outdoor team and they delivered, creating a new process to make it happen. The Expedition is extreme enough for Everest but comfortable enough for a winter storm in Chicago.”
FORLOH Expedition Series Features
- Fully Seam Sealed Waterproof and Breathable 3-Layer Patriot Outer Shell
- Engineered 800+ fill power USA white duck down 90/10 baffle-lined interior
- ‘Through-and-through’ ventilation zipper design for active cooling
- RECCO® Search & Rescue Technology
- Zippered (removable) interior powder skirt to keep the sluff away in deep snow conditions
- Micro-fit hood adjustment expandable for climbing/ski helmets or snug for beanies
- Interior beanie/goggle pocket
- Roomy exterior hand (2) and interior chest pockets (2)
- Multiple reflective logo hits for headlamp-visible safety in low/no light situations
FORLOH Expedition Series 800+ 90/10 Down Insulation
- Sourced from USA farms in Indiana and in Pennsylvania
- American 99.99% Pure White down, exclusive to Downlite
- Completely traceable supply chain
- Supports USA farming and American jobs
To learn more about the Expedition Series and other 100% made in the USA FORLOH products, visit www.forloh.com.