LEM MotivAir Cycling Helmet Features an exoCarbon Shell
At 220 grams, the MotivAir features LEM’s proprietary exoCarbon shell technology and low-density EPS foam to improve low-energy and oblique impact management.
LEM Helmets, manufacturer of innovative and performance-driven cycling helmets for road, mountain, commute, and kids, introduces its new lightweight MotivAir cycling helmet. Precision-built for road, XC, and gravel cycling, the 220 gram (size M) helmet features LEM’s proprietary exoCarbon technology and low-density EPS foam to deliver improved low-energy and oblique impact management and an unmatched strength-to-weight ratio.
“The technology and construction of the MotivAir is precise and sophisticated to offer enhanced head protection in a lightweight, compact design,” said Keith Cozzens, Global Brand Marketing Director at LEM. “By integrating a thin, rigid, full-carbon exterior shell, we’re able to improve the overall benefits of the high-performance helmet for cyclists, and, in turn, help create a riding experience that’s memorable.”
The MotivAir’s innovative construction moves the interior structure to the exterior of the helmet. Using its strong, thin, and light exoCarbon technology, LEM’s created a full-carbon exterior shell with advanced high and low-energy impact management due to its dynamic design of a hard outer shell and internal low-density EPS foam. This bolsters the strength-to-weight ratio and allows LEM to maximize vents for cooling – without compromising integrity.
- exoCarbon Shell Technology – lightweight impact performance
- Improved low-energy & oblique impact management
- LEM Flow-Thru airflow-optimized ventilation system
- LEM FS3 fit system brings a secure, easy, on-the-fly customizable fit with micro-adjust dial
- LEM Tech Integrated multi-shell technology and in-mold EPS for impact energy management, durability, and lightweight feel
- Superior strength-to-weight ratio
- Helmets Comply with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older in the US, and in Europe with EN 1078 CE
Additionally, the MotivAir features: aero design, comfort padding, rear reflective decal, 23 vents, and light durable straps. The helmet will be available in Fall 2019, and will come in six colorways with MSRP $225. For more information on the MotivAir, visit lemhelmets.com