Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
At 220 grams, the MotivAir features LEM’s proprietary exoCarbon shell technology and low-density EPS foam to improve low-energy and oblique impact management.
LEM Helmets, manufacturer of innovative and performance-driven cycling helmets for road, mountain, commute, and kids, introduces its new lightweight MotivAir cycling helmet. Precision-built for road, XC, and gravel cycling, the 220 gram (size M) helmet features LEM’s proprietary exoCarbon technology and low-density EPS foam to deliver improved low-energy and oblique impact management and an unmatched strength-to-weight ratio.
“The technology and construction of the MotivAir is precise and sophisticated to offer enhanced head protection in a lightweight, compact design,” said Keith Cozzens, Global Brand Marketing Director at LEM. “By integrating a thin, rigid, full-carbon exterior shell, we’re able to improve the overall benefits of the high-performance helmet for cyclists, and, in turn, help create a riding experience that’s memorable.”
The MotivAir’s innovative construction moves the interior structure to the exterior of the helmet. Using its strong, thin, and light exoCarbon technology, LEM’s created a full-carbon exterior shell with advanced high and low-energy impact management due to its dynamic design of a hard outer shell and internal low-density EPS foam. This bolsters the strength-to-weight ratio and allows LEM to maximize vents for cooling – without compromising integrity.
- exoCarbon Shell Technology – lightweight impact performance
- Improved low-energy & oblique impact management
- LEM Flow-Thru airflow-optimized ventilation system
- LEM FS3 fit system brings a secure, easy, on-the-fly customizable fit with micro-adjust dial
- LEM Tech Integrated multi-shell technology and in-mold EPS for impact energy management, durability, and lightweight feel
- Superior strength-to-weight ratio
- Helmets Comply with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older in the US, and in Europe with EN 1078 CE
Additionally, the MotivAir features: aero design, comfort padding, rear reflective decal, 23 vents, and light durable straps. The helmet will be available in Fall 2019, and will come in six colorways with MSRP $225. For more information on the MotivAir, visit lemhelmets.com