Ventral Adds Versatility and Speed to POC’s Helmet Line
Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
POC Launches Its Fastest, Safest Road Cycling Helmet to Date
Building on over a decade of aerodynamic testing, medical research and feedback from the world’s fastest cyclists, POC is proud to launch its latest road cycling helmet; the Ventral. Based on key design areas – aerodynamics, safety, ventilation and weight – Ventral is POC’s fastest and safest road helmet to date. Ventral will be worn by the EF Education First – Drapac p/b Cannondale Pro Cycling Team for the first time in competition at the Paris-Nice race beginning March 4 and is available to consumers in store and online now.
“With Ventral, we used all of our experience to push our ideas even further and develop a ventilated aero helmet that would give significant speed gains to a rider while improving safety,” said Jonas Sjögren, POC CEO. “This helmet is the product of a decade of research and extensive testing from some of the fastest riders in the pro peloton.”
Weighing 248g (CE Medium), Ventral incorporates a precise 22-degree angle for its air intakes to reduce drag and turbulence while maintaining linear airflow. To maximize ventilation, POC drew inspiration from the Venturi effect; using internal airflow channels to create pressure zones which increase air velocity and enhance cooling inside the helmet.
All POC helmets are built with safety as a top priority and POC’s mission to do everything possible to reduce the consequences of accidents for athletes at the heart of their design. Ventral uses a unibody shell construction to enhance the helmet’s structural integrity and is the first POC road helmet to incorporate its patent-pending SPIN technology, which is designed to reduce the effects of rotational forces. SPIN uses silicone pads sewn into the liner that shear in any direction to dissipate energy from oblique impacts.
POC is the helmet, eyewear and apparel partner of EF Education First – Drapac p/b Cannondale Pro Cycling and relies on the team’s riders for product development and testing. “The reality of modern road racing is that results can often come down to the thinnest of margins,” said Jonathan Vaughters, EF Education First – Drapac p/b Cannondale Pro Cycling Team CEO. “The Ventral gives us strong aerodynamics and doesn’t compromise at all on safety, and we can’t wait to race in it this year.”
- Unique aerodynamic design optimized with CFD testing for enhanced aerodynamic performance and minimal air turbulence.
- Accelerated airflow zones, inspired by the venturi effect, to reduce fluid drag.
- Extreme cooling and ventilation due to innovative air flow design.
- Features POC’s patent pending rotational impact protection system, SPIN.
- High performance EPS liner with targeted and optimised density to provide the ideal balance of low weight and crash protection.
- Fully wrapped unibody shell construction to increase safety and helmet integrity.
- Light weight size adjustment system for a personalised fit.
- Easily adjustable precision straps molded into the helmet liner for extra comfort and safety.
- Eye garage to keep your sunglasses securely in position when placed on the helmet.
- Used and preferred by Cannondale – drapac Pro Cycling Team.
The Ventral is available now for $290 in POC retailers and at www.amazon.com/pocsports.