State Bicycle Co. will produce two limited editions of its popular Klunker, decorated with Dancing Bears and Lightning Bolt decals. The SBC Klunker is a retro-inspired, combination of a beach cruiser, mountain bike, and BMX bike. The SBC Grateful Dead Klunkers are built on a classic-styled steel frame with simple coaster brakes and a traditional leatherette saddle. Modern engineering updates the components, which includes BMX handlebars and stem, aluminum rims and mountain bike tires for any road or trail surface. When the ride is over, you can turn up the Grateful Dead tunes and crack open your beverage on the bottle opener attached to the bike frame.
Details on the State Bicycle Co. and The Grateful Dead Klunker
- Dancing Bears & Lightning Bolt edition
- Sized for riders 5’5″ to 6’3″
- Frame: Durable Steel Frame & Fork w/ 5 Year Warranty
- Handlebars: BMX Style V-bar with 7″ rise, 30” extra-wide with Vans Grips
- Wheels: Extra Durable 36h BMX Style Rim w/ 2.3″ WTB Mountain Bike Tires
- Saddle: Retro-style Leatherette Comfort Saddle
- Gear: 42t Crank with 22t Coaster Style Cog for cruising
- Brakes: Coaster Brake – Just Pedal Backwards
- Pedals: Flat MTB Style Platform Pedals
- Extras: Bottle Opener Included
State Bicycle Co.’s Co-Founder, Mehdi Farsi stated, “Having teamed up with the Grateful Dead, we are combining environmental consciousness with the free spirit that has characterized multiple generations of Dead Heads around the world. The music and the vibe of the Grateful Dead is a perfect match for the expansive feelings we all gain through bicycling!”
The State Bicycle Co. x Grateful Dead collaboration continues with cycling apparel and accessories including, cycling caps, bicycle saddles, and handlebar tape featuring the fun Grateful Dead Dancing Bears, along with plenty of tie-dye.
For more information on the full line of products visit statebicycle.com