State Bicycle Co. Releases Their First Commuter eBike
Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
State Bicycle Co. rides into the eBike market with their first electric bike, the 6061 eBike Commuter. The 6061 keeps things simplified, with a single-speed drivetrain and a clear backlit display. Employing a Class 1 LG-powered motor that offers up to 100 miles of range per charge powers the aluminum framed commuter. With room for tires up to 45c and disc brakes, the 6061 eBike is ready to get you from here to there no matter what the road throws at you.
Specs on the State Bicycle 6061 eBike Commuter
- Build – 6061 Aluminum Frame And Fork
- Brakes – 160mm Rotor Disc Brakes
- Tires – Kenda E-Bike 45c Tires
- Battery – LG 36V10Ah cell Lithium battery
- Motor – 36V – 250 Watt AKM rear brushless motor
Performance Specs on the State Bicycle 6061 eBike Commuter
- Speed – 20 mph limited (Class 1)
- Range – 18-24 miles with level 5 assist and >100 miles with level 1 assist
- Max Load – 330 lbs (150 kg)
- Charge Time – 3.5 Hours
- Weight – 38 lbs 13 oz
The State Bicycle 6061 eBike Commuter is priced in line with other e-bikes on the market and would make a fantastic commuter for work, school and even cruising around town with friends. The discretely integrated battery and motor keep the whole electric part lowkey, while the single-speed drivetrain will offer almost effortless maintenance.
MSRP $1499 For more info on the 6061 eBike or to check out other State Bicycle Co. products, visit statebicycle.com