DNX Bars – Convenient Whole Food Nutrition
Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Founded by health and fitness enthusiast John Rooney, DNX Foods is delivering a new level of taste and quality to the food bar category with its DNX Bars. Developed by a team of passionate nutritionists, fitness experts and culinary artisans, the bars are designed to deliver complete nutrition in a convenient and portable snack. Made with grass-fed beef, grass-fed bison or free-range chicken, plus certified organic spices, fruits and vegetables, DNX Bars provide an ideal balance of real-meat protein, healthy fats and complex carbs. These 100% clean, minimally processed, nutrient-rich bars are also Paleo compliant, Whole30 Approved®, low in sodium, and completely free of artificial preservatives and ingredients, fillers, antibiotics, hormones, GMO’s, dairy, soy, gluten, MSG, and added sugars. The super-premium, whole-food ingredients used in DNX Bars also make them high in protein, Omega-3, Vitamin B12 and prebiotics.
Seven unique, intensely satisfying varieties include:
- Grass Fed Beef Uncured Bacon Jalapeño Bar – Made with certified organic spices, grass-fed beef from New Zealand and Australia, and uncured bacon, the bar’s meaty, savory and perfectly spiced taste profile is sure to satisfy the Bacon lovers out there.
- Peri Peri Style Chicken Bar – Packed with flavor, this African-inspired, keto-friendly recipe pairs free-range chicken with spinach and organic spices like ginger, cardamom, garlic, onion, oregano and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Jamaican Style Bison Bar – Lean, grass-fed bison is cooked with sweet organic Medjool dates, grated coconut and a Jamaican spice blend in this Caribbean-inspired snack. Garlic, onion, horseradish and green bell pepper join organic sunflower seeds, sweet potatoes, Sacha Inchi, and Moringa Oleifera in this tasty bar.
- Sweet Potato Pecan Beef Bar – Grass-fed beef is gracefully combined with organic sweet potatoes, pecans, sunflower seeds and Goji berries, plus exotic spices like Sacha Inchi and Moringa Oleifera to wake up the senses.
- Mexican Style Beef Bar – Featuring exciting ethnic flair, grass-fed beef joins organic Goji berries, sweet potatoes, garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper and red chili pepper flakes in this perfectly spicy bar.
- Dark Cacao Cherry Coconut Beef Bar – Sweet and savory, this bar pairs grass-fed beef with deliciously sweet organic Medjool dates, cherries, coconut, cacao nibs, sweet potatoes, and colorful spices like garlic, Moringa Oleifera and Sacha Inchi.
- Fennel Sweet Potato Beef Bar – The hearty flavor of grass-fed beef is combined with the bright, spring-like quality of organic fennel in this savory bar, and Goji berries, sweet potatoes, garlic, Sachi Inchi and Moringa Oleifera round out its impressive ingredient list.
DNX Foods sources its superfood ingredients from all over the world, choosing those known for their specific health benefits like inflammation reduction, muscle recovery and digestive health. In addition, the free-range chicken and bison are raised in the USA, while the grass-fed beef comes from farms in New Zealand and Australia. Details on all ingredients used in DNX Bars can be found on their website at DNXBar.com/Ingredients.
DNX Foods’ founder, John Rooney shares this, “When I set out to adopt a regular exercise and clean-eating routine, I found a lack of portable, nutritious food options to choose from. Instead, there was an endless array of highly processed, artificial, low-quality snack bars with unpronounceable ingredients and misleading labels. It was then that I became laser-focused on creating an honest snack that would never compromise taste or nutrition. With DNX Bars, we’re proud to be providing a convenient source of protein from real meat as nature intended with healthy fat from coconut oil and complex carbs from whole-food fruits and vegetables. This is high-quality sustenance and energy at its best for when you’re on the run.”
The DNX bars combine protein-rich grass-fed beef and bison, and free-range chicken, with organic fruits and vegetables, creating a hearty snack that is both nutrient-rich and highly satisfying. They provide a convenient way to replenish energy, satisfy hunger and deliver taste pleasing nutrition. DNX bars are convenient to pack and carry and offer up a wholesome natural snack for those of us with that active on the go lifestyle.
DNX Bars are available at select conventional and natural markets across the country, including Sprouts nationwide, for an MSRP of $2.99 per bar. The bars are also sold online at DNXBar.com and Amazon.com. DNX Bars are vacuum-packed to stay fresh for a year without refrigeration.