This limited edition shoe is a lighter, speedier version of the brand’s award-winning Escalante road shoe, made to tackle big city races.
The Escalante Racer has a specially engineered knit upper for optimal cornering and quicker movements on the race course, with a breathable sock-like fit. Altra’s EGO™ midsole has been “race-tuned” to deliver more energy return for a highly responsive ride. Altra’s Foot Pod™ technology maps the bones and tendons of your foot to provide more natural flexibility.
The Racer has a 22 mm stack height and weighs just 6.8 ounces for men and 5.7 ounces for women. This racer is available for men and women in the same style and colorway.
- FOOTSHAPE™ TOE BOX – Altra’s FootShape™ Toe Box allows the toes to relax and spread out naturally and the big toe to remain in a straight position for maximum stability and power.
- ZERO DROP™ PLATFORM – Every Altra shoe features a Zero Drop™ Platform that places the heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground for natural alignment and a low-impact landing.
- ALTRA EGO™ – Dual-Nature midsole compound with a responsive, yet soft feel for increased energy return.
- FOOT POD – An outsole technology that actually maps the bones and tendons of your foot to help it bend and move naturally.
- Weight: Mens’ 6.8 oz. / 193 g Women’s 5.7 oz. / 162 g
- Insole: 5 mm Contour Footbed
- Platform: Fully Cushioned Zero Drop™ platform and FootShape™ toe box
- Stack Height: 22 mm
- Midsole: Race-tuned Altra EGO™ with InnerFlex™
- Outsole: FootPod™ Technology
- Upper: Engineered Knit
- New Altra EGO™ Midsole Compound
- Engineered Knit Upper
- Sock-like Upper Fit
- Metatarsal Mapping
- Performance Last for Fast Training and Racing
The Escalante Racer – Chicago retails for $140 and is available on www.AltraRunning.com and at select specialty running retailers.
Altra’s next limited edition city-inspired Escalante Racer is New York City, coming October 2018.
While working at a running store, Altra founder Golden Harper was frustrated that modern running shoe technology caused poor running form and had not decreased running injuries. His passion to create a shoe that followed the science produced Altra’s FootShape™ toe box, Zero Drop™ platform and Fit4Her™ female-specific shoes. Since its founding in 2011, Harper and co-founder Brian Beckstead have grown Altra from one to 30 shoe styles, winning multiple Editor’s Choice awards and distribution in more than 60 countries.