New Balance NBx 5″ Running Shorts Review
Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This new short from New Balance is made from a super light weight polyester material and is cut with a semi-fitted profile that wont get in your way but also wont bind or catch on your skin. These shorts also sport a new safety feature New Balance calls ICE, which is a brightly colored strip that is sewn into the zippered side pocket and allows you to write in emergency contact info. Side panels and the internal brief include X-Static fibers bonded to silver material help the short regulate your body temperature and help to prevent odors. Our testers wore this short in a variety of weather conditions and for trail and road running and were impressed with their comfort and light weight even when soaked with sweat. The NBx short has a 5″ inseam which makes it a great length for those wanting a performance fit with a bit more coverage than a traditional split short.
New Balance NBx 5″ Running Short Features:
- 100% Polyester Body
- ICE (In Case of Emergency) trim in back pocket for runner’s safety
- Interior key pocket for storage
- PHANTOM WAIST BAND construction combines a soft, seamless brief with an internal drawstring for a customized fit
- X-Static® fibers are bonded to genuine silver, which is uniquely suited to eliminate odor-causing bacteria, keep away static, and regulate heat to keep you comfortable
- Inseam: 5 Inches
- Front and back reflectivity
- External storage pocket
- X-Static® brief
For more information on the NBx 5″ Running Shorts and other New Balance products, please visit www.newbalance.com.
Totally have the shorts, and they rock!! I’m not a large guy, but the chafing is a nightmare in those skimpy little shorts that runners tend to wear. Have run long distances in these guys (10+ miles) and never had an issue! Awesome stuff!!