The North Face Single Track Running Shoe Review
Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The North Face Men’s Single Track is perfect for those of you that live in the city and find yourself hitting the pavement on your way to the local trails at the edge of town or within a local park. The Single Track is a lightweight trail running shoe that provides a good amount of cushioning while running on pavement and easily transitions to gravel/crushed limestone paths, fire roads, and mild single track. Many of us don’t have the Rocky Mountains in our backyard and don’t need a gnarly trail running shoe to tackle boulders and rough terrain. The Single Track is designed for the runner that wishes to escape from city running by providing comfort on uneven terrain and extra traction that you don’t find in a regular running shoe. This shoe has a neutral last and is designed for runners that do not overpronate and need little structure or support. A typical road trainer is highly breathable and often allows small rocks and sand to find their way into your shoe. Thankfully, The North Face added a scree collar and tight weave mesh to keep those pesky rocks and dirt particles from getting into your shoe, which comes in handy when running on dry and dusty paths. We tested these shoes on rocky single track trails and the shoe left something to be desired: our tester reported that the shoe provided minimal toe protection (no beefy bumper), mild stability, and little protection from sharp rocks/ruts. However, we were more pleased with this shoe on more cruisy or well-beaten trails. With the Single Track being on the lighter side, weighing in at 11.5 oz/pair, they may be a good option for racing, when you want to be a little lighter on your toes. For more information on the Single Track and other TNF footwear, please visit www.thenorthface.com or www.amazon.com/thenorthface.
Features of The North Face Single Track
- Abrasion-resistant tight-weave mesh
- External tongue scree-collar
- Abrasion-resistant, synthetic support overlays
- C-Delta metatarsal fit system
- Ortholite® Northotic™ footbed
- Unleashed Performance™ (Neutral) engineered platform
- *Gift box not available for this item
- Semi-curve lasted; 22 mm/10 mm heel/forefoot heights
- X-Dome™ Cradle provides high-impact heel cushioning and rebound
- X-2™ dual-density cushioned EVA midsole
- ESS Snake Plate™ forefoot protection
- Tenacious™ Grip high-abrasion off-road sticky rubber