Smith Summit Helmet – A Maxed Out Minimalist
Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Smith Summit MIPS snow helmet is designed to go light and go far across a multitude of mountaineering pursuits. It addresses the need for ultimate protection in alpine pursuits without the excess. The hybrid shell construction blends a durable exterior with a lightweight in-molded shell. This minimalist approach is triple-certified to meet global alpine ski certifications, international mountaineering standards and backcountry touring expectations.
Details on the Smith Summit Helmet
- Hybrid shell construction offers durability where you need it most while keeping the helmet light
- Zonal Koroyd® coverage for lightweight, energy-absorbing and ventilated impact protection
- MIPS® Brain Protection System reduces rotational forces caused by angled impacts to the head
- Certifications: ASTM F 2040, CE EN 1077: 2007 CLASS B, EN 12492
- Smith Flexible Fit System, featuring BOA® for a premium fit
- Designed for ultimate integration with Smith goggles for maximum comfort and venting
- AirEvac ventilation system integrates with Smith goggles for fog-free lenses
Features of the Smith Summit Helmet
- 33 fixed vents for consistent airflow
- Lightweight, technical knit liner included
- Ionic+® antimicrobial lining offers sweat-activated odor control
- Integrated headlamp strap routing keeps gear in place
- Beanie and ball cap compatible
- Weight (Size M): 16oz / 400g
For more info on the Summit helmet and other Smith products, visit www.smithoptics.com.