Merrell Thermo Arc Ice Boot Review
Active Gear Review is supported by its audience. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Once you’ve made your way into these boots, it will take summer to get you out of them! Merrell seemed to have a comfort-oriented, active, yet stylish woman in mind when designing these boots. These no-lace, insulated boots feel like you are sliding your feet into slippers that you can head to the mountains or go to work in. The foot bed offers excellent arch support along with Merrell’s air cushion in the heel to help absorb shock and add excellent stability for hiking in snow. There is a layer of Polartec 200 Thermo Insulation Lining and 400 grams of PrimaLoft Insulation. The reviewer was grateful for the waterproof liner while trekking from higher, colder elevations down into warmer temperatures and melting snow: her feet stayed completely dry, warm and not a drip of sweat to be found on her feet. Weighing a little less than 2.5 lbs., (lighter than most outdoor boots) these boots are perfect for throwing on after a day on the slopes, for a day of hiking and stylish enough for a winter shopping day in town. These boots also have an outstanding grip on ice. If you are in an area that experiences a variety of winter conditions, these boots are highly recommended!
For more info on the Thermo Arc Ice Boot and other Merrell footwear, visit www.merrell.com or www.amazon.com/merrell.
UPPER/LINING of the Merrell Thermo Arc Ice Boot
- Pig suede leather upper
- Elastic stretch bands for easy on and off
- Waterproof Membrane provides impermeable barrier
- Polartec 200 Thermo Insulation Lining treated with Aegis antimicrobial solution
- 400 grams of PrimaLoft Insulation
- ColdProofâ Ortholite Insulating Footbed
MIDSOLE/OUTSOLE of the Merrell Thermo Arc Ice Boot
- ActiveHeat Insole with silver reflective film between insulating polyester layers
- QForm Comfort midsole provides women’s specific stride-sequenced cushioning
- Molded nylon arch shank
- Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
- 6 5 mm Sole lug depth
- Vibram’s Thermo Womens Sole / Trek Dura Rubber
- Weight: 2 lbs 5 ozs.
- Size 7: Back 7.75″ – Top 12.5″
- Size 10: Back 8″ – Top 13.75″
I just received these boots for Christmas & LOVE the way they fit!!! I plan on using them when horseback riding in the winter to keep my feet warm & dry. I am curious if I should use a spray to protect the outer suede from staining from mud, mountainous debris & horse sweat? Can you please give me some advice.